- (215) 665 1845 Philadelphia PA
- (609) 896 9585 Lawrenceville NJ
September 23rd 2021
The fall is a season of settling in. School has begun, the weather has shifted, big changes are dormant for a month or two until the holiday season descends. Now is an excellent time to begin something new – especially orthodontic treatment, especially Invisalign.
Invisalign Doesn’t Dominate Your Life
Sure, the fall is busy. There are school activities and sporting events and pumpkin patches and whatever else you love to do at this time of year in Philadelphia. People are outside sucking up the fading sunshine and loving life before winter arrives in all its glory. Who has time for braces? You do.
- Invisalign isn’t demanding. Taking care of Invisalign is not a big job. Sure, you wear the trays 20 to 22 hours a day, but that means you don’t have to worry about the aligners all that much until you remove them for meals and cleanings.
- Eating is easy. If you’re worried about orthodontics getting in the way of meals, Invisalign doesn’t. Simply stash the trays in their case while you’re eating and clean up your teeth and aligners before putting them back together. There are no food restrictions, a reality that wearers of conventional braces must contend with.
- Cleaning is simple. You don’t need any special tools to get in between wires and brackets and get food out of nooks and crannies. You usual toothbrush and dental floss will get the job done – the only extra thing you have to do is soak your Invisalign trays daily to keep them clean, clear, fresh, and odor-free until you switch to the next trays.
- Orthodontist visits are few. You only need to see your Philadelphia Invisalign providers every six to eight weeks for a progress check-up and to collect your next sets of trays. That’s a manageable schedule for just about everyone.
Enjoy the Room to Get Adjusted
Fall is a time when many people start to hunker down and enjoy the comforts of home. You may go out less and order in more. But whether you’re snuggled up at home or braving the chill, Invisalign won’t get in the way of your lifestyle, so you have plenty of room to get adjusted to your new “accessory.”
- Be patient. Every type of orthodontic treatment requires an adjustment period. For some people, that time is a week, for others it’s a month or more. Invisalign wearers often get used to their trays quickly and the sensation of their shifting teeth because there isn’t really a visual change to adjust to since the trays are clear, slim, and smooth.
- Appreciate the opportunity. Being able to wear Invisalign instead of metal braces is a gift for many orthodontic patients who want their treatment to stay under the radar, especially adolescents who qualify for Invisalign Teen. No matter what season of the year they usher in their orthodontics, Invisalign is a welcome gift.
Ready to have a fabulous fall? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Roberts or Dr. de Marsche, Philadelphia Invisalign providers, about whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign. Contact us to schedule a consultation in our Center City office.